The first sections with parallel flanges have been developed, patented and produced by the Peiner Träger Mill in 1914, whereas the production of the first sections in general had commenced in 1876. P26 is known to be the first wide flange beam with 260mm height and width of the flange. It was a novelty indeed, distinguished by the high quality of its performance. The ‘Peiner Träger’ Brand (the Peiner section) had immediately gained international popularity and the name had become synonymous with innovation and best quality of the produced sections. New models have gradually been developed and at the end of the XX century the selection of wide flange beams had already covered dimensions from 100mm up to 800mm. Peiner’s invention in 1914 had strengthened its international market position and the product has started to be copied by steel producers worldwide and remains a success. Currently, Peiner Träger produces approximately one million tonnes of the hot-rolled sections annually. The products are sold mainly for the purposes of various construction and facility projects all around the world. The European market mostly demands sections produced according to the standard EN 10365, but also according to JIS G 3192, ASTM A6/A6M – depending on the requirements of various projects.
In order to learn more about our offer for steel beams, please visit our website https://salzgitterstahlhandel.pl/produkty/ksztaltowniki/
Source material: https://geschichte.salzgitter-ag.com/de/konzerngeschichte/ausbau-zum-montankonzern.html